Troubleshooting Pixel 6a SIM Card Errors: A Simple Fix for Nepal telecom sim card users

Sujan

Hello everyone,
I recently encountered a SIM card issue with my Google Pixel 6a. I purchased the phone in the UK, but unfortunately, my NTC (Nepal Telecom) SIM card didn't work with it. However, my Ncell SIM was functioning perfectly on the same device. I even tried several NTC SIM cards from my relatives, and they all worked, but my specific SIM card did not. This situation was quite frustrating, especially considering that I had bought the phone abroad.
News from other users who had similar issues:
I searched through numerous forums for a solution but couldn't find one, and this issue persisted for nearly a year. Eventually, I stumbled upon a shop in New Road, where I shared my problem about my NTC SIM not working on the Pixel 6a. The person at the shop was familiar with this problem and knew how to resolve it.

Here is the solution that worked for me:
1. First, I borrowed a working SIM card from one of my relatives, whose SIM card was functioning on my phone.

2. Next, I visited Nepal Telecom and spoke to a representative, explaining my situation and requesting them to switch my phone number to the SIM card that was working on my device. To do this, I had to provide my citizenship card Copy pay a fee of 100 Nepalese Rupees, and fill up an application form. The representative then transferred my phone number to the functional SIM card, which I inserted into my phone, and it finally worked.

During my visit to the NTC office in Dharahara, I had the opportunity to meet a staff member on the third floor who possessed the knowledge to resolve my issue. Interestingly, none of the other staff members were aware of a solution to the problem of my NTC SIM not working on my Pixel phone. I had previously approached them multiple times seeking assistance, but instead of providing a solution, they suggested that I replace my phone. It was only thanks to this particular staff member and the guy from the mobile repair center from New Road that my issue was ultimately resolved.

I had heard about similar problems from various forums. I hope this information proves helpful to other smartphone users facing a similar issue.

Hope it helps.
Thank you