Permit Cost for Upper Mustang / Lower mustang for Indian Citizens?

I am trying to find the information on what are the permit cost to enter the Upper Mustang or Lower mustang for Indian citizens?​

I tried various forums but couldn't find any information.
I found 500USD for Upper Mustang and 35 USD for Lower Mustang for other countries citizens but couldn't get any information how much is the cost of the permit or we don't need any permit because we are from SAARC country!

Hopefully, I get the help from this forum!
Thanks,
Amresh, Banglore, India

Santosh

Staff member
Hi Amresh

For Indians, to travel to Lower Mustang, they require TIMS & ACAP (RS.500 and RS. 1000) per person, per entry;
whereas, trekking to Upper Mustang they require Special Permit which costs around USD500 per pax for 10 days and there should be minimum 2 pax excluding agency registered trekking guide.

Hello Mr. Amresh.
Namaste.

Permit cost for Indian citizens is $500 equivalent for 10 days.

For Lower Mustang you need to pay entry fees for Annapurna Conservation Area, which is NRs. 1000 per person per entry (SAARC).
Also, you need to obtain TIMS Card by paying NRs. 500

Hope this helps.
Should you also need more information call directly at +9779851040420.

Hi amresh,
Permit cost for Upper Mustang for tourists is 500usd per person and must be two people and one guide is mandatory to enter the upper mustang area. And for Lower Mustang required TIMS and ACAP which will cost around 30-35usd and only one person can enter and a guide is not mandatory to enter Lower Mustang.

The road is far better than before, if you are planning to go by motorcycle then only 30% is offroad and the rest is almost blacktopped now.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks

Namasté! Ik zou graag willen weten of u ook de speciale vergunning voor UpperDolpo nodig heeft als ik alleen de stad Kagbeni wil bezoeken? Dus: moet je minimaal €500,- betalen om alleen de stad te bezoeken/overnachten (zonder verder te bowlen)?
Eric

Santosh

Staff member

I am trying to find the information on what are the permit cost to enter the Upper Mustang or Lower mustang for Indian citizens?​

I tried various forums but couldn't find any information.
I found 500USD for Upper Mustang and 35 USD for Lower Mustang for other countries citizens but couldn't get any information how much is the cost of the permit or we don't need any permit because we are from SAARC country!

Hopefully, I get the help from this forum!
Thanks,
Amresh, Banglore, India
Hi Amresh,
You will need permit to enter both of these areas. Also for upper mustang, you will need at least two person to get a permit and guide is compulsory to enter this region as this is a restricted area.
The cost for SAARC nation for upper mustang is $500 for 10 days and $50 per day if you exceed the 10th day.

For the Lower mustang area, ACAP permit it $10 and TIMS is $3.

Santosh

Staff member
Hello namaste

hello you don't need special permit just for kagbeni or up to lower mustang area. you will only need ACAP and TIMS for the lower mustang/kagbeni/Muktinath area. further than that you will need a restricted area permit which is $500 for 10 days. do write me at here for further inquires. Or you can Mail me.

Hallo, je hebt geen speciale vergunning nodig alleen voor Kagbeni of tot het lagere Mustang gebied. je hebt alleen ACAP en TIMS nodig voor het lagere mustang/kagbeni/Muktinath gebied. verder dan dat heb je een vergunning voor beperkt gebied nodig die $ 500 voor 10 dagen is. schrijf me op here voor verdere vragen. Or you can mail me.
Namasté! Ik zou graag willen weten of u ook de speciale vergunning voor UpperDolpo nodig heeft als ik alleen de stad Kagbeni wil bezoeken? Dus: moet je minimaal €500,- betalen om alleen de stad te bezoeken/overnachten (zonder verder te bowlen)?
Er

Namaste, je hebt geen speciale vergunning nodig om naar Kagbeni te gaan. Je moet alleen voor tims en acap betalen. Als je naar Upper Mustang wilt gaan, moet je een speciale vergunning krijgen die 500 USD kost
Laat het ons weten als u een vraag heeft. Of neem contact met ons op voor de organisatiereis!
Contact us
We have a travel guide to upper mustang, you can go through this link.
hope it helps: A travel guide to Upper Mustang with permit cost
Eric

Last edited: